- Decreased anxiety of being alone
- Decreased dependence on others
- Enhanced well-being and quality of life
- Easy to operate with just pushing a button
- Psychologically reassuring by maintaining control
Typically the system includes a help button worn around the neck or wrist allowing the user to request help when there is a medical emergency. The lightweight, waterproof pendent allows freedom of movement within the home without the need to reach a phone. The base unit simply plugs into a telephone jack and electrical outlet. No special wiring is needed.
A 24hour staffed monitoring service receives calls from the base unit when its activated by the button on the pendent. Once activated, two way voice communication is established as the live monitoring staff will attempt to speak to the user over the base unit speaker; if the user does not answer, they will contact designated family/friends or alert emergency medical personnel. If the user responds, the monitoring staff can determine the type of help needed and appropriate action.
What to look for when choosing a Medical Alert System:
- UL listed 5 diamond certified 24 hr monitoring service
- Waterproof pendants that are not easily activated in error
- Base unit battery back-up
- Low installation costs with no long term contract
- Low monthly fees
Medical Alert systems are not just for frail elderly, but for anyone living alone who wants to have peace of mind and increased safety from unexpected medical emergencies or falls. Families can also be confident their loved ones are in good hands while still allowing them their freedom and independence. No more frequent wellness check calls to loved ones, everyone can have peace of mind when medical alert systems are in place.